is there a school for die-makers?
No, this profession is a subtle blend of experience with numerical machines and manual work. New technology is included in this job, including waterjet cutting, laser cutting, 3D printing…
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS PROFESSIONS IN A DIE-MAKING COMPANY?
- CAD designer
- Studies department manager
- Flatbed production manager
- Rotary production manager
- Quality control
- CNC operator
- Sales manager
CAN VARIOUS MATERIALS BE USED TO MAKE A FLATBED AND/OR ROTARY DIE?
What are their main characteristics?
WHAT SOLUTIONS DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF ATTACHMENT POINTS DEPENDING ON CARDBOARD QUALITY?
- Width of the attachment point is directly correlated to thickness of the cardboard
- Strength of the attachment point can be affected by whether the material to be cut is dry or moist. The attachment point can be reinforced by modifying the foam.
HOW DO YOU CALCULATE THE HEIGHT OF THE CREASE?
Based on thickness of the cardboard and type of counterpart used.
WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF “FOAMING”?
Ejection of cardboard from the die, improved cut quality (threads, angel hair, trim, dust) and increased strength of attachment points.
ARE THERE VARIOUS QUALITIES OF FOAM?
Yes, depending on the industries: Food, Luxury, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics.
HOW CAN ONE PRODUCE BRAILLE IN A SINGLE PASS?
- Braille can be considered as embossing and requires a matrix and counterpart.
- The matrix is attached to the cutting die and the counterpart is positioned using pertinax.
IN WHICH CASES IS AN ENGRAVED PLATE REQUIRED?
- It depends on the volume of sheets to be cut and the run.
- Repeatability of the creasing quality from first sheet to the end of the run.
- In the event of integrated embossing, an engraved plate is highly recommended.
- Complexity of the project determines whether to use an engraved plate and/or pertinax.
HAVE THERE BEEN ANY INNOVATIONS IN RECENT YEARS RELATIVE TO PERTINAX?
IS THE ENGRAVED PLATE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL THE MACHINE DIES? can hardness vary?
It is crucial to have a micrometric adjustment.
is it possible to perform both separation and full sheet delivery on a same frame?
Yes, a product developed by Groupe Vacher R&D has just been set up on the premises of a first customer in October 2021 – For more information on this “all-in-one” product, please contact us.
ARE THERE DIFFERENT kINDS OF stripping tools?
Yes, heavy-duty welded aluminium, anglelock, quick-set and quick-set evo frames.
What is the advantage of using A QUICK SET EVO FRAME (GROUPE VACHER INNOVATION)
See Product Description
HOW can one REDUCE ANGEL HAIR DURING CUTTING PROCESSES?
One must achieve the right balance between quality of the cut and quality of the plate.
WHAT DIE PROFILES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET?
- Mechanical stripping
- Bottom opening
- Side opening
- Electrical discharge
WHY IS WATER JET CUTTING USED IN THE DIE-MAKING INDUSTRY?
To achieve high precision cutting of foam used for the manufacturing of a cutting die. This technology has totally revolutionised the market.